Group coaching provides the motivation for you to make the change
you always wanted to make, learn skills, share knowledge and receive
encouragement. Whatever your goal is, you can achieve it with others who
Friendship & Social Skills Group for Young Adults with High Functioning Autism or mild Intellectual Disabilities
- listening skills,
- calming and relaxation practices,
- friendship skill building (empathy and taking perspective of others) and
- social skills (e.g., how to “read” social cues, what to say on a job interview, etc.)
Small group discussion, social skills videos, handouts to take home, and lots of positive reinforcement and encouragement are part of the group experience. Group meets every Thursday, from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in my office in Raleigh. Next group starts Thursday, 9/20/18 and runs thru June 2019. You can join at any time.
My partner has Asperger’s! Coaching Group for Neurotypical Partners/Spouses
Join a 10-week coaching group to address issues of being “an Asperger partner.” Don’t go it alone. Share with other neurotypical partners/spouses. Topics include:
- Your Needs….as a “neurotypical” partner;
- Coping strategies and ways to reconnect with yourself and others;
- Understanding the disorder including differences in social, communication, sensory and executive functioning.
- The group won’t change your partner, but it will change the way you experience your partnership.
- Last session is a brunch at my house! Group limited to 8 participants.
The September 2018 group is already full. Think about joining the next group the start of the new year: Tuesday evenings, January 15, 2019, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.